Donnerstag, 22. November 2018

Thanksgiving

Oh, Thanksgiving is here and I couldn't be more thankful:

  • There are no colleagues in our american offices today - so I can work in peace in the afternoon and don't have to sit through hours of meetings. So I can finally catch up on my priority list - I can wrap up some open source software review process that has been due a while ago and more... (let's see how this turns out 😏)
  • The wife has to work longer today so I will fetch the kids from the child care - we will have a party in the living room with stuffed animals and wooden vegetables (maybe some real ones, too - not animals, vegetables)
  • Tomorrow is also basketball practice day so I will be working out a bit again - I went to practice last week after having to sit out for 2 months due to lower back problems. I am now doing regular exercises to strengthen the torso (mainly the plank and arched back) and sit on a "special" pillow to have some stabilizing exercise while I work - this has helped a lot!
    This is the pillow - I have to take a break from sitting on it every hour or so because my nuts get numb...which is quite an interesting feeling - can not recommend it, though.
  • I am also looking forward to the big "Black Friday Sale" on amazon this year - I have saved up some money to finally buy a new TV - my eye is on a 55" QLED TV from Samsung - but only for a reasonable price - otherwise I wait some more.
Happy Holidays!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen